Saturday, June 20, 2009

My last night before I knew

Following my mom's example I am setting up a blog but, rather then it being dedicated to my sister I am telling life from my perspective. Each tear that was shed and every thought that went through my mind. It all started June 17, 2009, my little sister was taken in to receive an MRI. I thought everyone was overreacting and that nothing was wrong with her. I guess deep down I really knew what was coming but I was in denial. My dad told me he thought that Maryn had a brain tumor but, I refused to believe him.

So Tuesday the day before the MRI my mom and I set off toward the meeting point where I would climb into my dads car and endure the long journey home to his house. We met at a Starbucks where I spent my last 5 dollars on a Vanilla Bean Frappucino while my mom took Maryn potty. I took my frozen treat from the man behind the counter and left the shop. I got into my moms car right as my dad pulled up. Great! I climbed out of the car grabbed my items and skipped over to my dads land rover. Right then guess who called? None other then Moriah requesting that she be picked up from her friends and brought home immediately, my mom told her that she would have to go to my dads so we began another journey to a far off place where Moriah would be waiting. Yeah great..

After about 5 minutes of being in the car with nothing to entertain me but my ipod I began to tell my dad that we didn't need to get Moriah and that by the time we got there she'd probably just want to stay at her friends. My dad agreed but he didn't turn around saying that Moriah could hold a grudge against him for a while. When we arrived at her friends I attempted to get out of the car and give my mom (who had been leading us to Moriah) a hug. My dad grunted and I could tell he was not in the best of moods. I got out of the car anyway and told my mom that dad was being grumpy. I scurried back to the car and and looked at Moriah who was sitting in the back. She glared at me so I hissed at her like a cat. This got me one of the classic Moriah moves the " I'm going to sit back here and pout until dad asks what's wrong and you get in trouble". Well yeah that's great for her and all but I knew dad was not having that tonight. He began to tell us about how he had been up since, like, 3 in the morning and how he just wanted to get home. Yeah , Dad we all want to get home. The tone and infliction in his voice sent Moriah deeper in put mode causing her to shoot me another glare. Geez, those things scare me. Seriously, the looks she gives me sometimes are like "Shut up or die" glares. So after about 5 minutes of silence I picked up my ipod and listened to Legally Blonde the Musical. At this point dad got over his grumpiness and attempted to cheer Moriah up by putting on Radio Disney. I Hate Radio Disney with a passion so I turned my music up past my normal limit. ANYTHING to drown out the sounds of Hannah Montana.

The last 5 minutes on the way up to his house dad gave us the lowdown on what would happen tomorrow. He'd wake us up, we'd get ready then we'd go to grandmas. I couldn't have been more thrilled. Grandma has an upright piano for me to play and a printer for me to print sheet music on. Moriah was just like yeah.... Whatever she was NOT bringing me down.
So we pulled up in the driveway and I grabbed my stuff and took it inside. Normally I would've pranced right on upstairs but Wanissa was eating a strange looking fish so I just HAD to find out what it was. Yeah, Morbid curiosity. Turns out it was tilapia but it wasn't filleted or anything it still looked like a fish. EWWW........

Upstairs I put all my stuff in the corner and went to bed. Excited for tomorrow but totally oblivious to what would happen then.

1 comment:

  1. Will you give me your email address, i have one now

    Hayley

    ReplyDelete