Friday, July 10, 2009

Radiation, Picklines and Bandages. Oh MY!

Mary has been under going radiation since June 25th ( It started on my birthday.... That makes me sad!) I 've been having a lot of thoughts about next year and what the future holds. I'm really confused because I want an answer to the question what is going to happen next summer. Everyone I ask smiles feebly and says God knows what he's doing or they say she'll be fine. Deep down I know this isn't true but I get up everyday and I get out there and enjoy life. Maryn's pickline is really gross. Uggh, I feel sick everytime I see it without the bandage on. She is so brave. Honestly I'm amazed, I am 13 and afraid of needles whenever I have to get a shot or IV I make the victim arm go limp so I don't feel a thing. Still needles make me woozy. I saw pictures of Maryn in radiation it broke my heart. They have a giant mask that they put on her and it looks miserable. God made her very brave. Very very brave.

2 comments:

  1. Olivia,
    We adults have a hard time, just as children do, to understand the difficult situation we find our family in right now.
    To tell you what the future holds would be to give you the wrong words. I don't know, we don't know. We hope, we pray for the best case situation. The doctors give us their worst case scenario.
    I can promise you whatever happens, our little Maryn will always be with us, in life, in death whatever may come. She is as she could only be, a perfect little spirit that is here to teach us how to be more than we are today. I truly believe a lesson for each member of our family is to be learned from this experience. A lesson that we will pass on to our children, and their children and their children. If we choose not to learn whatever lesson is out there, and not better ourselve, then Maryns life for that individual will have been in vain.
    I love you Olivia, we will get through this and be stronger. I promise that.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you and your family! I have you in my prayers! From one big sister to another.

    ReplyDelete